At Sweeney Julian, our team of dedicated attorneys is committed to fighting for the best interests of the men and women we represent. If you were injured in a serious accident caused by someone else’s negligence or irresponsibility — or if a member of your family was the victim — then you are likely entitled to compensation.
Offering Comprehensive Services
We want to fight for justice and deserved restitution on your behalf. Each attorney at our Indiana law firm is prepared to advocate for you and counsel you regarding your personal injury claim. We offer comprehensive personal injury advocacy and can assist with all injuries and accidents. Some of our most common injury and accident types include:
- Brain Injuries: Victims of traumatic brain injuries may not even be aware that they have been hurt until days or even weeks after the incident; however, these injuries can be more debilitating than perhaps any other type of injury. If you or someone close to you received a serious head injury as a result of an accident caused by another individual’s irresponsibility or misconduct, you could be entitled to damages and even punitive compensation.
- Burn Injuries: Burns are among the most serious, painful and expensive injuries a person can sustain. These injuries can be caused by many situations, including car accidents, gas explosions, scalding water, electrical accidents, household fires, industrial fires, gasoline spills and much more. It is very important to consult a lawyer if you or someone in your family has been burned in a serious accident.
- Carbon Monoxide Injuries: Carbon monoxide gas is produced by a number of everyday items such as hot water heaters, cars, wood stoves, fireplaces, kitchen appliances, barbecue grills, lawn mowers and boats. If inhaled in sufficient amounts, however, this odorless and colorless gas can cause serious injury or even prove deadly. Almost 5,000 U.S. residents are killed – and another 10,000 are injured – by carbon monoxide poisoning every year.
- Gas Explosions: Gas explosions can happen in buildings, unconfined spaces, open process areas and even inside equipment and piping. Common – and avoidable – causes include ignored gas leaks and cheap gas tanks. If you or someone you know was hurt or killed in a catastrophic gas explosion, talk to a South Bend personal injury lawyer from our firm.
- Fractures: Bone fractures are very serious and can occur in any number of ways, including because of defective products, car accidents, workplace injuries, criminal assaults, falls caused by dangerous property conditions and more. If you sustained a bone fracture in an accident due to another individual’s negligence, you should not hesitate to hire a dedicated lawyer who can fight for your rights in court.
- Mesothelioma Claims: Mesothelioma is a form of lung cancer that has been associated to exposure to asbestos. Even though asbestos was a known hazardous material, many companies continued to use it in the making of their products and buildings. If you have been diagnosed with mesothelioma and asbestos is to blame, the time to start exploring your legal options is now.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to take steps to protect yourself by securing plenty of photographic documentation of the incident along with immediate medical treatment for any injuries you suffered. Our attorneys can help you take the steps you need to secure deserved restitution if you were hurt in a collision caused by a negligent driver.
- Premises Liability: Do not hesitate to receive immediate medical attention if you were injured in a slip-and-fall accident or in an incident involving a fallen tree, lead poisoning, toxic chemical exposure, vicious dog bite, broken railings, unmarked steps, bad lighting, overgrown landscaping or some other hazard on another individual’s property. We are prepared to fight for the compensation you deserve under Indiana premises liability law.
- Caretaker malpractice: It is an unfortunate reality that too many people’s loved ones are hurt, abused or neglected at the hands of the very people trusted to care for their needs. If you or someone close to you was abused or neglected in their permanent care residence, you need to take legal action — both for your sake and for all of the other residents in the home. Malpractice by health care professionals such as physicians, nurses, X-ray technicians and others is a serious problem. It is important to move quickly when taking legal action.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you deserve compensation to help ease the financial burden. Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to assist you.
We Know Insurance Company Secrets
With years of experience under our belts, the highly respected attorneys at Sweeney Julian have learned the secrets that the insurance companies do not want you to know. The overarching motivation of insurance companies is to pay out as little as possible. At our firm, we want to support you and fight for your interests. We know how to ensure that our clients receive the fair, just treatment they deserve.
Get An Advocate Now
Don’t hesitate to retain the tough advocacy you deserve. If you or a loved one has been hurt, call our firm at 574-247-1234 to talk about pursuing the compensation you need. At Sweeney Julian in South Bend, we have a strict no recovery, no fee policy, meaning that unless we win your case, you will not owe us a dime. Schedule your free consultation through our online submission form now.